Monday, May 20, 2013

Freelancer.com takes money from unverified user but suspends the same account when withdrwal request is made

A very insightful comment is found which argues that the site freelancer.com takes money from a user without asking the user to verify account but suspends the same account when the owner of the account request withdrawal of his money! That is a very significant point indeed.

The user informed in a blog post's comment that when he requested a withdrawal of $90, she was told that by freelancer.com that the employer for whom she worked for funded his account and her escrow account with fraudulent money and thus she couldn’t withdraw the $50 dollars or so what she was paid by the employer. Ok that's nice! But what about the fee that was taken as "project fee" from that so called "fraudulent money"? The victim user writes-


 BUT freelancer.com could withdraw their fees from that same fraudulent project from me!! I complained and they told me to contact my buyer and ask him to answer his query, I did that and his prompt reply was: “I have nothing again to do with freelancer.com they were withdrawing money directly from my bank account!!”

The story continues...

When she requested withdrawal of $129 she was told to submit new withdrawal request as $5 had been deducted from her account to clear the payment for her membership which was at first offered to her as a trial - TRY IT OUT FOR FREE FOR A MONTH. The user agreed to even pay for the continued subscription of paid membership. What happened next?

She received a mail stating that her account needs to be verified with a picture of herself holding her sensitive personal information!!! The user points out the double faced policy regarding verification process saying-

 My problem is how could they take their own payment from my money!!! but when I need to complete a withdrawal, then the same money has issues.

1 comment :

  1. I was fooled by freelancer.com and the employer, because I am paying for nothing freelancer 10% of my income, it doesn't offer any protection. I was payed for a job, I withdraw the money...and after 1 month I found my balance on minus. The employer withdraw its money, and freelancer charged me. I asked freelancer.com what is all about and they said they are trying to contact the employer. After 1 week, I get an email from Paypal, saying that money were taken from my CC - BANK ACCOUNT. How is this possible? I am paying for working? With what right freelancer. is taking money from me and not the employer???
    I will sue them and take all they have for this. The contract doesn't cover this.

    ReplyDelete